Are Bamboo Sheets Good? This is a question that comes to everyone’s mind when they hear about bamboo sheets for the first time.Bamboo comforters are a great choice for hot and cold sleepers, as they are breathable and comfortable. When it comes to cleaning,dry cleaning is the preferred method of washing your bamboo duvet or comforter, but it’s not the only option. Read the full list here about the bamboo sheets that can keep you cool at night.
In the below article, we have compiled a simple, easy-to-follow guide on how to clean your bamboo comforter.
Bamboo Duvets- The Factors You Need To Consider
You need to consider certain factors when it comes to washing the comforter or duvet. Although it is possible to wash your comforter at home, it will require expertise and time. A professional dry cleaning company will charge between $25-$50 for your bamboo comforter. If you use your comforter with a duvet, we recommend washing it at least once per year.
Requirements For Washing
- It will take approximately 4 hours of your time from beginning to end.
- You need a pair of socks.
- You will need a few tennis balls.
- A washing machine with a front-loading spout (the larger, the better).
- Use a small amount of detergent.
This should not be attempted in an attachment for an agitator. If you do, you will end up with a comforter that is torn and crumpled.
Instructions For Washing
- Put the comforter in the washing machine and ensure that it is not folded. Spread the comforter out as much as possible
- Put the tennis balls and cover them with socks. This will prevent the comforter from clumping and also help to remove any oil or sweat that may have accumulated on the bamboo comforter.
- You should also add a small amount of detergent (we recommend something natural, non-abrasive). However, do not use bleach.
- Use warm water to wash.
- If you see any soap remaining on the surface, give it a rinse once again.
Instructions For Drying
Proper drying is crucial for the success of this process. At the same time, you don’t need to be as careful as drying it in a hand dryer or oven. It is still a good idea to be a bit careful.
- Take the bamboo comforter out of the washer and dry it in the dryer. It is important to evenly spread it so it doesn’t get clumped up or knotted.
- If required, add a dryer sheet with a fabric softener.
- Mix in the sock tennis balls. The beating action will avoid clumping. It will also ensure that the silky fluff remains uniform throughout the process.
- Turn the dryer on with the lowest heat setting. Every half an hour, examine and untangle the mess.
- Once it is dry or almost dry, you can place it in the sun for a few hours or overnight.
- After it has dried completely, you can place it back in the duvet cover to enjoy your freshly cleaned bamboo comforter again.
It’s finally done!
You can use your freshly washed comforter immediately or put it in a bag to be used next season. We recommend buying an all-season bamboo comforter in the winter and a lightweight bamboo one in the summer to get the best results. This will ensure that you can sleep comfortably throughout the year and prolong the life of your bedding.