You might have planned and saved for months or even years to go on that perfect family trip. But, how can you go on a trip when you start worrying about the safety of your home? The best way out can be to get the services of a reputed London Locksmith to secure your home and lock it safely. Not only your home, you need to take care of your car too. You can talk to a find out more to know the ways to protect against car theft.
Many people have heard horror stories from friends and family about returning from vacation to discover a security breach. These stories not only make us cringe but also raise concerns about our home’s safety. But, should that stop you from enjoying a trip to your heart’s content? No! Summer should be filled with road trips, long days at the beach, exploring new places, and visiting old acquaintances.
Tips To Keep Your Home & Property Safe
When you are on vacation, you definitely don’t want your home security to be a concern. And, when we talk about security. It is not just locking the doors and closing the window panes. It’s much more elaborate and important than that. Here are a few tips that will help you enjoy a stress-free holiday. After all, who wants to dream about burglars in the house with the sun up above the sky and wind in your hair? No one!
Notify the neighbors
Before you go on a trip, notify your neighbors that you won’t be around for a few days. They will inform you if there is any suspicious activity or unusual behavior at your house. It is always better if you can establish a friendly relationship with them so that you can ask them if they would take care of your mail collection on a long-term basis when you go on trips
Use light timers
You can place light timers on your outdoor lights. You can set up a timer for your interior lights to make it appear that someone is there, even though no one is actually there. The timer should be set to run at random times. You will be unable to achieve your objective if you keep the lights on at the same time every night.
Create an impression
Ask a friend, neighbor, or family member to help you with the shoveling and mowing while you’re away on vacation. To deter potential thieves, it is important to show evidence that someone is there and they are doing some activity.
Few More Tips
- Make sure that the locks on your windows and doors are working. Your locks should be strong and secure to prevent burglary attempts.
- Make sure you talk to the newspaper person and postman. Inform them not to leave newspapers/mails when you are not around. If there is a pile of newspapers or post cards at your doorstep, it is a sign that the house is abandoned.
- Don’t share your vacation plans on social media sites. You can always post the pictures after you return.
- Don’t forget to keep a spare key.
- Garage doors should be tightly closed.
- Your home address should not be entered into your GPS. If you leave your car at the aiport and it gets stolen, the GPS might direct the thieves directly to your home with the help of GPS.